Skip to main content

City of Glass

For someone whom I'm quite afraid to lose because what we're having is too beautiful. Yes, this is for him, he's simple --direct, a minimalist.


Of all the cities I’ve been to,
You are my favourite.
Caught my eye from the start,
An architecture built in dreams,
Of transparency and glass,
Beautiful but fragile.
Yet I couldn’t get my feet to move,
Away from this city,
Away from you.
For I am a lover,
Of the skyline buildings,
Structured in glass,
The open-concept,
Where everything is vast and seen.
The monochrome shades,
Of black to white in hue,
Stark but sleek in a way,
You ought to woo.
A minimalist,
Simple yet intriguing,
But never boring,
It is what you are.
As how I like it,
But here in your city,
Designed not to linger,
For that I’d ask you,
Can you do me a favour?
Don’t chase me away,
To leave,
To visit another.





Comments