Skip to main content

Early Morning Coffee with You

Of an early morning work with coffee and his sweet smile.
This is a tale of an office crush at the pantry.


The day started off with a smile and a simple, "Hi" as every morning, we met eye to eye while pouring hot water in a mug and brewing a sachet of instant coffee. Coyly you greeted, "Good Morning", I could only reply with nothing but a smile and sometimes with a nod too. But then, I paused for a quick second --letting my mind to do a little thinking, "What if I open my heart and let someone new in?" I snapped back to reality as you left the scene with another parting smile and a mug of a fresh brewed coffee in your hand. I guess things would be different by now if I let you in, we might be having a real conversation over our coffee together, every morning instead of exchanging smiles over and over again while brewing that same old bland coffee of ours packeted in a boring sachet.

Comments