Skip to main content

Counting Petals

Long distance kills and so, I wrote this --a past lover of mine were miles away and I just couldn't stop myself from missing him.



Petals,
Sticking to a flower,
Beautiful but brings me sorrow.
As I'm counting them to wait,
For that moment I called, fate.

I count the days with those petals,
One by one, I started to pluck,
With my heart hoping for a luck.
For every petal carries a hope,
Please to know that I can't cope,
Anymore,
Any longer,
Because with you around,
I am much stronger.

I want you to meet me again,
Like a drought waiting for the rain,
You fall to my hand once again.
And as for those petals I count,
I wish they will never be found,
For pain lies in every one of it,
Leading a pathway for a quit.

But I don't want to quit!
I want to keep waiting,
Sitting,
Pacing.
I'm here to have you back,
And you shall bring the light,
Of my days shaded in black.

Petals,
They flew far away,
As the wind blow in a sway.
So shall they wilted in gray.
Don't remind me of the counting act,
Don't let my heart feel a single crack.

I need you,
I want you,
Only you.
And sincerely,
These petals are not good enough for you,
To let me show how much I miss you.

Comments