Skip to main content

Virtuoso, the Soul Taker

Pianist has always been my favourite virtuoso.
I once dreamt of having someone serenade me with a beautiful music played on the piano.



I was trapped within a crowd of waltz dancers whom faces are etched with emptiness as if their souls were taken away by each note of music being played. Faceless with no eyes to see but for a moment, the music stopped --they paused. And I felt as if they were looking straight at me, every single one of those tortured dancing men and women. With the silence surrounded us, they craved for my help, begging me to get their feet to stop dancing. I shuddered in fear but as the music began to play once more, the art of waltz continues, unwillingly by them. They seemed to be lost in the music again, it was haunting them in a strange way that I could not understand why. I tried to help but it was no use as they could not hear me --they could only hear the background music. 

And then, the orchestral music disappeared and the dancers were flown away. Immediately, I was in a daze as a sound of a single instrument was taking place, bathe me with a haunting piano tunes. A beautiful melody so soothing hugged me softly as it was floating in the air. It touched my skin, embrace me with comfort and a feel of warmth. I could not resist for my ears are delicate to an arrangement of music played so well. My soul was lifted and slowly my body was taken to where the music were coming from. I was hypnotized by the beautiful sound of this haunting melodramatic melody and like a ghost, it seemed to be calling me out to follow. 

Behind the piano, behind the keys, behind the beautiful melody, there --lies a man. A man, I do not know as I could not see but a man with a virtuoso soul with fingers dancing passionately on the piano keys. Instead of luring me in with his smiles, he gave me something that I could not run away from --his creation, his masterpiece, his music. 

It made me understand to the question I had in mind for the strange behavior of those faceless waltz dancers; "Why were their souls taken away from their bodies by the music?" The feeling you had when the music you love was being played is something you could not decipher in words. The melody being played without you realizing, slowly pulling away your soul out from your body. And a particular virtuoso was the fault to it for creating something that would make one soul feeling a little lightweight to easily fly from its vessel. 

Although, I could not recognize the Virtuoso's face as well as knowing his name, he has managed to steal my heart and grasp my soul with merely a sound of music played on the black and white keys of my favourite musical instrument. And I for one, is heavenly dreaming to be serenaded by anyone whose soul is bartered to the angel of music.

Comments